- Director of Research (DoR): led the research strategy for Computer Science at University level, 2017 – 2018.
- Systems Research Group (SRG): Group leader for faculty, 20+ PDRAs and PhD students on computer systems topics, 2017 – current.
- EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA): steering committee member, 2017 – current.
- Project Coordinator: coordinated all Masters and Undergraduate dissertations across the School.
- Computer Science open days: ran the regular open days for the School including Saturday visiting days, 2011 – 2015.
- School ethics committee and Distinguished Lecture Series (DLS) organiser.
- University of Surrey UK.
- Vienna University of Technology, Austria.
- Newcastle University, UK.
- University of Edinburgh, UK. (MRes)
Multiple internal examinations at the University of St Andrews.
- 4th Annual UK Systems Research Challenges Workshop
- The 5th Workshop on CrossCloud Infrastructures & Platforms
- SICSA Big Data Information Visualisation Summer School
- NSF PIRE Open Science Data Cloud Workshop
- Recent conferences: IEEE CCGrid, IEEE BigData, IEEE Cloud, IEEE e-Science, IEEE/ACM UCC, ACM HPDC, IEEE ICWS
- Recent journals: Transactions on Services Computing, Software: Practice and Experience, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Future Generation Computer Systems, Journal of Cluster Computing.
I designed the following module from scratch:
- Data-Intensive Systems (CS5052)
I have taught the following modules:
- Distributed Systems (CS4103)
- Software Engineering (CS3051)
- Software Engineering Practice (CS5031)
- Object-Oriented Programming (CS1002)
- Programming with Data (CS1003)
- Computer Science in Everyday Life (CS1005)
- Internet Programming (CS1004)